Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vanilla Cupcakes with whipped cream and strawberries

Whenever I think of cupcakes I have this song going on in my  mind :
                                            "You're my Honeybunch, Sugarplum
Pumpy-umpy-umpkin, You're my Sweetie Pie
You're my Cuppycake, Gumdrop
Snoogums-Boogums, You're the Apple of my Eye
These tiny creatures makes me go weak in the knees, and whenever I see them in any cake shop I just want to have all of them that results in over-eating. Since a long time I wanted to make them at home, with proper knowledge of it, so i decided to take a class, I attended Palate Culinary Studio in Mumbai, to learn the art of making the cupcakes. 
It was a great experience and I learnt a lot.
I made them at home, and they came out just the way I wanted them to be.
Here is the recipe of Vanilla cupcakes. You can experiment it with different icings, but i chose whipped cream.
Hope u will enjoy reading them and making them too.

Vanilla Cupcakes with whipped cream & strawberries

Ingredients:
110gms Flour
110gms Castor Sugar
110gms Butter
1/4tsp Baking Powder
30ml Milk
2 Eggs
1tsp Vanilla Extract

Procedure:

  • ·         Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
  • ·         In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder and keep aside.
  • ·         Put the butter and sugar in a bowl.
  • ·         Cream with beater till light and pale.
  • ·         Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well.
  • ·         Add in vanilla extract.
  • ·         Gradually add in the flour, seeing that no lumps are formed.
  • ·         Add in milk.
  • ·         Mix it well.
  • ·         Do not over beat the batter.
  • ·         Pour the batter in greased and lined muffin tray.
  • ·         Bake for 15-20  minutes at 160 degrees.

For the Icing:

Ingredients:

250 ml whipping cream
Food color of your choice
1tbsp Icing Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Extract
7-8 Strawberries (small)s

Procedure:
  • ·         Take 250 ml of any whipping cream.
  • ·         Whip the cream with the help of a beater. Make sure the cream is cold.
  • ·         Add in color of ur choice, or u can leave it white also.
  • ·         Put it in the piping bag.
  • ·         Pipe it on the cup cakes.
  • ·         Take some small strawberries, place it on the iced cupcakes.
  • ·         Dust it with icing sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment